"An experienced leader working for you"
- Supported funding for schools, law enforcement, emergency services, library and needed capital expenditures for new and renovated school and county facilities--BHS, AHS, AMS, the Courthouse, Public Safety Building and Animal Care and Adoption Center
- Advocated for responsible fiscal planning for the county's growth and infrastructure needs
- Promoted local job opportunities through continued support of corporate parks and businesses including Aeroprobe, Backcountry.com and TORC Robotics
- Encouraged intergovernmental regional cooperation-911 Regional Emergency Communications Authority, combined County/School financial systems and creation of the Virginia Tech voting precincts
- Encouraged citizen engagement including County Conversations with citizens, additional web services and Citizen Academies
"It has been an honor and privilege to serve you."